Market Female Asian Alternative Pop Musician in US
This is an ‘revisit’ to my MUIN 541 Projects.
Plan for Record label pitch of HANA VU
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/HanaVu
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hanavumusic/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/hanavuuu
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hanavuuu/
Tour and Market Performance Data
Chartmetric – https://app.chartmetric.com/artist?id=257913
Apple Music – https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/id1071927900
Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/hanavuuu
Segment 1: Summary of Goals
The goal for the project is to pitch Hana Vu to an influential indie label 4AD and develop a distinctive market impression in the target audience group by a west coast tour. In order to accomplish a wider media coverage and better performance streaming equivalence, TEA, the project will focus on the analytics of data and building of marketing/tour plan.
Nico, Aldous Harding, Cat Power, Sasami
- Not yet exploit the potential in album/music video visuality.
- Failure to make use of existing public review/presence to reach wider audience.
- Lack of performances that emphasized on her own musical styles.
- Not a STORY, TAG attached to her current artistic image to form audience impression.
Segment 2 – Solution: FORM ARTIST IMPRESSION BY SHORT-TERM TOURING AND CAMPAIGN
- More efficient use of current streaming Data, accessing content engagement, based on the analytical results and pursue radio buyings (indicators: day parts, spots, rates, spins, audience) – STREAMING PERFORMANCE
- Use more PR software like Promojukebox – PUBLIC RELATION & MEDIA COVERAGE
- Analytics of Chartmetrics, Google Analytics data (CPC, CTR, CPI, Open Rate, Conversion Rate……) demographic analysis to locate target market of touring – TOURING
- Position Hana Vu as the first post-experimental-dream-pop-electro-folk artist, “THE NEW AGE NICO IN FOLK”, post-experimental-dream-pop-electro-folk = THE VU POP and focus on attributional factors to strengthen this impression.
Segment 3: Business Plan
- Cost & KPIs – per year
- costs for software subscriptions (promojukebox/chartmetric) – $ 2207
- Visual building, Photo shooting – $1000
- Touring Management (estimated gross revenue per tour, conversion rate per tour)
- Duration of Partnership/Campaign – 3 MONTHS
- Channels to Market: Instagram Storis/Live, TikTok, Website
- Market Strategy:
Jan. 2020 – March. 2020
Jan. 1 2020 – Jan. 15. 2020 – Data Analytics
Jan. 15 – Feb.15 – Tour Planning & Photoshoot & Media Coverage Promotional “The Vu Pop Tour” (LA – SAN DIEGO – SAN FRAN – SEATTLE – LAS VEGAS)
Feb. 15 – 2 shows in LA, SD, SF 1 show in Seattle, LV – March. 2020
Final Pitch to the label:
The Vu Pop Tour is the los-angeles based independent artist Hana Vu’s live music presence about her genius musical talents, unique style of storytelling of post-experimental-dream-pop-electro-folk – a genre that had not yet existed in the market. She has enormous market potential.